|Budapest Ferihegy Airport
Budapest Ferihegy Airport is Hungary’s main international airport handling over 8 million passengers per annum.
Privatised in 1996, the airport has committed to investing some 6 billion forints on new development projects covering passenger and cargo terminals as well as airfield related developments.
The key project however is the complete re-modeling and expansion of Terminal 2, with new piers, gates and a major new central search, International departures lounge with a vastly improved shopping and catering offer.
Given the pressing timescales, the Development and Strategy Director sought assistance to support the recently recruited development team, raise commercial awareness and develop project processes to improve project assurance.
Imbedded in the team, we were able to provide support to Budapest Ferihegy Airport in a number of areas:
- Coaching was provided to the Development team in Airport Planning and terminal design
- Benchmarking introduced to compare development proposals
- A system of project governance was introduced to ensure projects could be evaluated and challenged
- Support given in production of project requirements and briefing documents
- Training given to the Development and Engineering departments to raise commercial awareness, and training in presentation of business cases.
- Project Briefs for Airfield and Terminal building published within planned timetable
- Team members trained in planning and development processes
- Business case for replacement of the Instrument Landing System and Aeronautical Ground Lighting Systems evaluated and funding approved.
- Issues concerning resilience of the electrical network identified and highlighted